Human Resources | Te Ratonga Pūmanawa Tangata
Information for referees and independent advisors as well as rank and promotion guidelines.
Learning and Development key functions and Career Advancement Workshop information.
Employment information for fixed-term and casual academic support staff such as teaching assistants.
The services we offer meet the organisational development and human resource management needs of the University. Our commitment is to support managers and the academic and general staff of the University in these areas:
- The advisory service offers professional advice, support and information in policy, recruitment, employment conditions, promotions, salary reviews, performance management, change management, employment contracts, equity and diversity and HR practice.
- The pay and HR team action all pay-related transactions for earnings and deductions and HR administrative functions such as offers of employment, eye tests, superannuation and recruitment support and administration. The wider team manages the HR Toolkit including HR policies, processes and tools.
- We offer employment relations support to managers, conduct collective bargaining and provide strategic advice regarding remuneration and staff benefits.
- Health and Safety develops, advises and assists in the implementation of the University's Health and Safety Policy and offers education and training aimed at risk management. They are also responsible for accident compensation claims, fire safety, emergency procedures, civil defence and advising on occupational health services.
- Our Learning and Development strategy ensures individual and unit learning supports the overall strategic goals and direction of the University. We welcome the opportunity to help you plan and fulfil your learning needs.
- The HR team provides support to the Vice-Chancellor, the Vice-Chancellor's Office and the Council of the University of Canterbury.